Web Development - Websites
From mi-linuxJump to navigationJump to search
Here is a list of useful web resources on the topic of web development. Don’t hesitate to contact me if you spot any broken links, or if you can think of resources worth adding.
- WebPlatform Docs We are an open community of developers building resources for a better web, regardless of brand, browser or platform. Anyone can contribute and each person who does makes us stronger. Together we can continue to drive innovation on the Web to serve the greater good. It starts here, with you.
- Code Academy Tracks are series of courses grouped to help you master a topic or language.
- PHP manual
- PHPbuddy.com This site is designed to help you learn PHP programming
- Get started with PHP
- CodeIgniter CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for PHP coders who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications.
- Yii Yii is a high-performance PHP framework best for developing Web 2.0 applications.
- CakePHP CakePHP makes building web applications simpler, faster and require less code.
- Symfony Symfony is a PHP framework for web projects.
- Akelos PHP Framework The pragmatic way to get Productive on PHP
- Zend Framework - based on simplicity, object-oriented best practices, corporate friendly licensing, and a rigorously tested agile codebase.
- Kohana An elegant HMVC PHP5 framework that provides a rich set of components for building web applications.
- jQuery for Designers Learn how easy it is to apply web interaction using jQuery
- Unheap A tidy repository of jQuery plugins
- Processing.js Processing.js is the sister project of the popular Processing visual programming language, designed for the web.
- AngularJS - by Google Lets you extend HTML vocabulary for your application. The resulting environment is extraordinarily expressive, readable, and quick to develop.
- Kendo UI To build super-fast HTML5 apps
- Getting the most out of jQuery selectors
- Create a jQuery tab system
- Create an image slideshow with MooTools
- W3Schools HTML5 page
- HTML5 Doctor
- HTML5 Boilerplate
- HTML5 Please Look up HTML5, CSS3, etc features, know if they are ready for use, and if so find out how you should use them – with polyfills, fallbacks or as they are.
- The developer's guide to the HTML5 APIs
- Learning the basics of HTML5 canvas
- Create a page flip effect with HTML5 canvas
- Create a whirling timer with HTML5 canvas and Prototype.js
- Blueprint Blueprint is a CSS framework, which aims to cut down on your development time.
- CSS Grids The foundational CSS Grids provides a simple system for laying out content.
- The 960 Grid System is an effort to streamline web development workflow by providing commonly used dimensions, based on a width of 960 pixels.
- The 978 Grid System
- Less Framework 4 is a CSS grid system for designing adaptive websites. It contains 4 layouts and 3 sets of typography presets, all based on a single grid.
- Skeleton is a small collection of CSS files that can help you rapidly develop sites that look beautiful at any size, be it a 17" laptop screen or an iPhone.
- The 1140 grid fits perfectly into a 1280 monitor. On smaller monitors it becomes fluid and adapts to the width of the browser.
- Foundation 3 "The most advanced responsive front-end framework in the world."
- Create progressively enhanced 3D CSS rollovers
- Take advantage of the CSS background-size property
- Build a rotating 3D carousel with CSS
- Master CSS gradients
- Create a diagonal rotation with CSS transitions and jQuery
- A masterclass in CSS animations
- W3C mobileOK Checker This checker performs various tests on a Web Page to determine its level of mobile-friendliness.
- mobiForge - the world's largest independent mobile development community
- jQuery Mobile Touch-Optimized Web Framework for Smartphones & Tablets
- jqTouch A jQuery plugin for mobile web development on the iPhone, Android, iPod Touch, and other forward-thinking devices.
- Sencha Touch is a high-performance, mobile HTML5 application framework.
- PhoneGap Easily create apps with the only free open source framework that supports 7 mobile platforms.