Open source software
From mi-linuxJump to navigationJump to search
- BlueFish - Bluefish is a powerful editor targeted towards programmers and webdesigners
- Komodo Edit - Komodo Edit is a fast, smart, free and open-source code editor.
- jEdit - jEdit is a mature programmer's text editor with hundreds (counting the time developing plugins) of person-years of development behind it.
- PSPad - Editor for developers for Microsoft Windows systems
- Notepad++ - free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages.
- TextWrangler - TextWrangler is the “little brother” to BBEdit, a leading professional HTML and text editor for the Macintosh.
- NetBeans - Develop desktop, mobile and web applications with Java, PHP, C/C++ and more.
- Eclipse - multi-language software development environment comprising an integrated development environment (IDE) and an extensible plug-in system.
- Adobe Brackets - With features like Live Development and Quick Edit, Brackets streamlines development without getting in your way.
- Cloud9 IDE - Write, run, and debug your code with our powerful and flexible cloud IDE. Collaborate on your workspaces publicly, or keep them private. The choice is yours!
Application Design (UML etc.)
- ArgoUML - ArgoUML is the leading open source UML modeling tool and includes support for all standard UML 1.4 diagrams.
- StarUML - StarUML is an open source project to develop fast, flexible, extensible, featureful, and freely-available UML/MDA platform running on Win32 platform.
- Git - Git is a free & open source, distributed version control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency.
- Subversion - Subversion is an open source version control system.
- DBDesigner 4 - a visual database design system that integrates database design, modeling, creation and maintenance into a single, seamless environment.
- Filezilla - the free FTP solution. Both a client and a server are available.
- Cyberduck - Libre FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Cloud Files, Google Docs & Amazon S3 Browser for Mac & Windows
- Gimp - GIMP is a versatile graphics manipulation package.
- Seashore - Seashore is an open source image editor for Mac OS X's Cocoa framework.
- LibreOffice - LibreOffice is the power-packed free, libre and open source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and GNU/Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs.
- Open Office - OpenOffice.org 3 is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more.
- OpenProj - OpenProj is an open-source desktop project management application similar to Microsoft Project.
- Google Docs - Create and share your work online